If you would like to communicate with us but need a greater degree of anonymity and security, then you can safely share tips, information and documents with the Invisible Institute in two ways:
- Send paper documents by mail to:
P.O. Box 15459
Chicago, IL 60615
- Send electronic documents or other files through SecureDrop, an encrypted system designed for anonymous communication between sources and investigators. In order to ensure secrecy, SecureDrop is only accessible via the Tor network. When using SecureDrop, your computer’s IP address will not be transmitted.
To use SecureDrop, please follow these instructions:
- Download and install TorBrowser or other software to access the Tor network.
- Once you launch the TorBrowser, copy and paste the address uhuak5r55e4lic7e.onion into the address bar, then hit enter and follow the instructions that appear on your screen after SecureDrop has loaded.
- You will be assigned a randomly generated and unique codename. Write down this codename and store it safely. You will need it to login again if you want to check for a response from the Invisible Institute.